• Port Location: 37.21.16 N - 027 16.55 E
• Didim is now an international port of entry. There is no compulsory pilotage or towage for any vessel calling at Didim.
• The pier is only suitable for ferries and tender boats. It is 40 meters in length and 5 meters in width, and has 3 meters of draft.
• Cruise ships may stay at anchorage position which is only 0.5 nm away from the pier, in a sheltered bay suitable for water sports.
• The port is fully ISPS compliant and has a newly built passenger terminal which is surrounded by fencing and equipped with modern detection devices and CCTV. The whole facility is constantly manned with security guards.
• Izmir and Bodrum International Airports are only 160 km and 60 km away respectively.
• There is a fast ferry connection (catamaran) from Didim port to neighbouring Greek islands of Kos, Samos and Patmos on a regular service which is operated by the port management. These islands are all within a radius of 30 nautical miles from Didim port.
• Didim offers shore excursion possibilities to nearby world famous ancient sites of Ephesus (only 105 km), Miletus, Didyma and Priene, as well as to Lake “Bafa”. It is also possible to take cruise ship passengers on a daily excursion round trip to one of the above mentioned Greek islands on modern fast ferries from Didim.
• Didim has a long stretched golden sand beach with a private section dedicated only for the exclusive use of cruise ship passengers. The beach is within 2 minutes walking distance to the pier and is called “Altinkum”, which directly translates to “golden sand” in English. Altinkum is one of the most famous beaches in Turkey.
• The town offers all necessary touristic facilities for dining and sightseeing.
Pier and Navigational Information
• The pier is currently only suitable for ferries and tenders.
• Dimensions of pier is 40 m (length on South side) and 45 m (length on North side) x 5 m (width).
• The pier height from water level is 110cm / datum ± 30 cm.
• Min draft at pier – 230 cm.
• Max draft at pier – 260 cm.
• Daily change of tide is 10 cm.
• Seasonal change of tide is 20 cm.
Didim – Ferry Connections
Didim Cruise Port offers fast, regular ferry connections during the summer season to close-by
Greek islands; Kos, Patmos and Samos. These trips only take 50 minutes from Didim.